Why do families seek counseling/therapy?
Over the years, the families that have sought my help were entering into a new challenge in family life:
- Having a child
- Having another child
- A child going to school or struggling in school
- A child adjusting to middle school or high school
- Parents struggling with their parenting skills
- A family death can be very overwhelming for a family
- A member of the family dealing with a chronic illness or an addiction to a substance, or a negative set of behaviors.
One overall goal in family therapy is to help the family to identify and understand the needs of each member and, ideally, help the family find a way to maintain their family identity while encouraging each member to grow and move through the various stages of life.
We can talk today